Here are advantages to using BlueHost, in my opinion, for your RoR (Ruby on Rails) projects.
However, you may have to do some of your own research sometimes, but I’ve been posting BlueHost related BlueHost How-Tos.
Keep in mind that BlueHost support is not just focused on hosting Rails projects. Even still, I highly recommend BlueHost, especially if you are starting out and they provide so much service as low prices that it’s very hard to beat.
Plus you can set up a private Git repository on BlueHost and clone it to another location later, if you wanted to.
* Note: some of the following services are possible but not supported.
- Low fees which is a great way to start!
- Lots of flexibility (they give you one ssh account, if you request it)
- Host unlimited domains (you can map each domain to a directory, some of which can point to rails projects)
- Create many MySQL databases or just use SQLite
- You get an SSH account
- Set up a ssh key so you don’t have to type in your password each time you want to log into your ssh account. (not sure if BlueHost supports this but it’s possible)
- Set up a Private Git Repository on the Server. See Installing a Private Git Repository on your Shared Hosting Account, BlueHost (BlueHost doesn’t support this but it’s possible, as I’ve done it)
- Install Ruby Gems
- May be able to install and set up Capistrano but haven’t done it yet
Leave a Reply